Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lanterns to light the way


Alright. This must be short. But it's light-filled! 

Here are the lanterns we've been making for our Country Fair... This white, pretty one is my version...


It's a jam jar with a dodgey lace design drawn on it using chalk marker. Plus some wire twisted into a handle. It's always good to have a handle on it don't you think?! I certainly need to get a handle on my life at the moment! It's crazy town here as you may have guessed from my no-show yesterday...


Here's the boy version...


Black in colour, and more black in nature...
Same concept though. An old glass coffee jar, black chalk marker and some drawing on the side. The small people love the pirate lantern... young ruffians!


I still like my version best...

Next week I'm off to assembly to inspire young minds to pay to create their own version of these lanterns. Public speaking in front of 480 or so terrifying small people, plus some not so small people! Can you beat that? Ugh! Anyone keen to come with me?

Now it's bell time, then afternoon tea, then indoor soccer, then dinner, then bushfire fighter training for the Mr. Just a normal Tuesday afternoon! I sincerely hope to chat again to you all very soon, ie. tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh please comment! I love comments :-)