Friday, August 2, 2013

Cow (hair) on a wire


Sometimes the interesting details of life are right in front of you and you just don't notice them...

Last weekend we were headed out for some calf marking. Have I mentioned last weekend before? This week has been a bit of a blur! I have more pics from our morning to show you some other time. Anyways, back to those (at first) unnoticed details of life. As we headed towards the cattle yards I noticed the calves all together with just one mum to oversee their activities :-) This is not unusual, the mothers often leave them together and head for water or better grass, the calves nibble, sleep and play until mum comes back. But it always makes me smile. It's like a playgroup!

So I thought I'd take a photo of them, or try to (they don't stand still very well!), before we got them into the yards...


The camera was having a bit of fun deciding if I wanted the calves or the fence in focus. Bzzz, whirrr! And then I spotted it... I hadn't even noticed this little detail as I gazed at the calves...


There was hair on the wire! Cow hair. Seemingly from when they rub against the barb for a scratch. Or when they lean through the fence, because we all know that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence!

So then I had some fun getting photos of the cow hair on the wire. Against a lovely blue sky. With cows in the background. Etc etc.


When I eventually turned to get back in the car and head up to the yards, I had an audience! My first thought was that these were the mother cows coming back to their calves, but no, these were the cows without calves this time round. Just being nosey ;-) What is this girl doing taking photos of a barb wire? Humans! Humph!


Here's to a weekend of discovering the small, at first unnoticed, interesting details of life! Enjoy it. Talk soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh please comment! I love comments :-)