Friday, April 5, 2013

Life's little excitements...


Today there are some little excitements about...

Nothing crazily dramatic. Just little things. Things that make you smile. It's nice to have these little excitements as we face the last week of a loooonng school term. Nice to have them midst the sometimes mundane, or even sad, parts of life. And nice to have them as we head into the shorter days and chilly weather from a lovely summer.


Little excitements enable you to hold on during those moments when you feel like you're out on limb (like this caterpillar in our courtyard)...


And though it is a bit hard sometimes to know what to do next when you over-extend yourself...


Sometimes you have to turn around, and perform some acrobatics!


But there is always the option of finding another suitable perch...


This caterpillar provided us with some excitement! The whole family were out checking this little fella out!!! He provided at least 10 minutes of entertainment for the small people and numerous photos for me...

So, given that today is supposedly a Farm on a Friday day and this day is definitely not a farm post here are some extra little bits for you... I've found a lovely little blog called Ivy Nest - go check it out! And that blog led me to a yoghurt recipe that I'm quite keen to try - will try to get some pretty pics and show you. I've been gardening like mad and now I have the delicious task of buying some pretty seedlings to plant out... and of course it is the last week of our school term next week so there is a whiff of travel and perhaps some sleep-ins in the air... plus we're going to light our fire on the weekend so there is the excitement of moving furniture about. See, I told you they were small excitements! But they give moments of joy like rays of sunshine in your life. Ok, am off. Will try and get Mr Arborist to provide me with some tree names and then I will have a farm post for you all.... until then, Happy Weekend!

Here is a little excitement for the littlest one! Her very own wiggley worm!!! I was loving the chance to photograph small people's hands :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh please comment! I love comments :-)