Wednesday, December 5, 2012

An absolute cane-ing (in fluoro)


Welcome to my fluoro cane-ing. There's canework and there's fluoro... combined.

Today I don't have time to explain it too much, so here's the short version of the story...

Our wisteria was growing leggy (a bit like the small people around here, not me though!)...

So Mr Man trimmed the leggy bits off. I asked him not to toss them. He raised his eyebrows high. I sat down in the evening light and made lovely little wreaths. Yep, see, they were lovely. They even colour coordinated with the aeroguard bottle (very necessary though not romantic - the mosquitoes were carrying me away!). Here are those lovely little wreaths the next morning...


But by the next afternoon they look horrid! All shrivelled up. Still green/pink/whatever, but scrawny and horrid. Too bad, so sad, I thought. I was going to toss them. But didn't get to it that day. Neither did Mr Man. They mocked me from our courtyard table... For 3 days they mocked me!

Then just when I was gathering them up to toss them I noticed they looked different. Still scrawny, but now cane. They'd been caned by the weather; this storm and the hot sun...

And then inspiration struck... Add Fluoro. It's the g-o this season hey? And I'm into it ;-) Probably not forever, but for this season, yep let's get bright! So here's our entry now...


Please note, this is the ONLY festive decorations I have attempted for this christmas...oh, other than these which were only accidently done in time for the festive season...


With builders twine from the good, old Bunnings. It comes in 100 metre lengths though. So I did this too...



Had to use it up somehow;-) So did something very un-complicated! A bit like me ;-) Bright and simple!

So there you have it. A fluoro cane-ing. Sometimes it's good to let things mock you hey?! Well, within limits... And now I must go. We are going away for a couple of days. Away from the hurly-burly of December. Yay! But if I don't go and finish getting ready my cane-ing will be of a different variety. So I'll be back here on Monday... see you then.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh please comment! I love comments :-)