Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thursday's Thought from my Life


Thursday's Thought from my Life: "I Like Photographing Trees"



I've started to notice that I take a lot of photos of trees, and a lot of these photos are just of the ends of a branch/twig/leaf with the sky behind. With not much else in the picture. I'm not really sure why. Maybe it harks back to my days in winegrapes... you see looking at this point is a good way to identify a vine's variety as well as it's general health. If the end of the branch (it's called a cane on a vine) is growing and vibrant then you know the vine is thriving. And different varieties have subtle differences in the way that growing tip (those very new leaves unfurling) is arranged/shaped. So maybe that's the reason I take photos of the 'growing tips' of trees, with the sky providing a blank canvas behind. Anyways, here's my latest collection of tree/sky shots...








How lucky are we that here in Australia the sky is quite often a dazzling blue?! There's no 'editing' in these photos - they are straight from the camera. The sky's colour is sincere :-) I like the way the simple, clear colour of the sky makes the branch structure and features more dramatic.

So there you have it. Trees and sky. And that's about it for today my friends! I'm off to sort through more photos...