Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Courting the House!


What did you do on Saturday? Mine involved a some courting of the house! The courthouse actually...

This is a rather grand old building and one that I have always wanted to spend some time perusing through a camera lens...

With two other delightful girls some happy moments were spent snapping, taking photos of whatever we liked. Without any distractions. Well, no distractions from small people :-) We chatted, then wandered off in our own little worlds taking photos, then met again and chatted. Sound good? It was!


There are pillars, columns, bricks, and stones galore on the courthouse. In fact there is enough ornamental architecture to please just about anyone! And three child-free girls were very pleased indeed. The sun shone down, the sky was blue and we revelled in it after a week of grey, damp days.


Funnily enough, even with a gorgeous building I still found myself taking photos of trees ;-) You can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl hey?!


We swapped stories and tricks. I learnt a fun trick that I will show you later this week! I got to play with a VERY fun lens :-) And a red post box came to play too!


Hmmm. I do so like playing with the aperture!


And I like old pillars with 'stuff' growing on them :-)


We're back to a grey day here this afternoon... but it's cosy and warm inside with the fire going. I've had coffee with a lovely friend and you know what, I've realised that everyone needs moments outside their normal world. Moments to bask in the sunshine with or without other lovely people, moments to get absorbed in what you see through your (camera) lens and moments to forget your daily worries...

I hope you get some moments today. 


1 comment:

  1. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know
    a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or
    something. I think that you could do with a few pics to drive the message home a
    bit, but other than that, this is fantastic blog.
    A fantastic read. I'll definitely be back.

    Look into my website; кредит инфо номер телефона

    ReplyDelete

Oh please comment! I love comments :-)